Wednesday, April 29, 2009

'Birth' Day

For the last few days, it has been pretty boring around here, even though the weather keeps going from rainy to sunny.

Well, today was pretty eventful. When Dad came home from work, he asked me where the kittens went from in front of the house. I didn't know anything about these kittens. That was until my cat Corona came into the house. (She's an outdoor cat, but eversince she was a kitten, she has been coming in the house. She thinks that she is one of the dogs. She eats dog food and takes naps with the dogs. She is also the cat at the top of the page in the picture that Mercy is following.) I saw that she wasn't fat anymore. So I then went around the farm and checked to see where she had moved them to, since it was rainy outside almost all day. She had moved the kittens into the chicken coop. Funny thing was, there were a couple of ducks in front of where the kittens were, just like they were guarding them.

That was okay until I looked closer. The first three kittens that I found were dead. The next kitten I found was a gray calico that was barely breathing. Then the last kitten was a gray and white boy, just squirming around. I grabbed the last two kittens and brought them into the house so they could be with their mom.

They were just so cold from being outside for so long. I didn't know when the last time Corona was with them. Luckily, when I put the two kittens with Corona, she licked them and they started crying. I then let them go so they could be alone. Once I came back into the living room, Tessa's dog, Iko, was also laying in the bucket with Corona and her babies. I felt the kittens, and they were much warmer than before. I just hadn't seen them drink yet. I just hope that they do, because Corona is such a good mother and she deserves to have these last two kittens live.

But those kittens weren't the only babies. Mom and I were sitting, just watching television, and I heard a little cry. When I looked, Ebony, our one chihuahua, had a puppy. We didn't even know that she was pregnant! Right now, she is just in love with her little girl.

I took a few pictures of Corona and her babies, but I will have to post them later, once Kylie uploads them to the computer. Like I said before, I am hoping that they live!

0 comments: